Sometimes we fall prey to believing the lie that we are a bad mom. These lies are ones we create in our own mind because we’ve compared ourselves with other women. Do you ever find yourself feeling guilty when you crave a break from your kids? Can’t wait for them to go to bed? Do you hide out in the bathroom to get a moment of peace?
The fact is, we NEED a break from our kids. It makes us a better mom. We were never created to be the energizer bunny, even if our children think we are!
10 Simple Ways To Be A Better Mom
1) Replace Guilt With Grace. Too often we put way too much pressure on ourselves. Replacing guilt with God’s grace can free you from an anxious spirit.
2) Create A Routine. Simple, daily routines create structure and safety for kids.
3) Set Realistic Expectations. We set expectations for our children, but why not for ourselves? Know your limitations and set attainable goals.
4) Be Flexible. If you have been a mom for longer than a minute, you know how kids can mess with schedules. Be flexible.
5) Learn To Say No. Sometimes we say yes to way too much! A chaotic household creates unecessary pressure and stress on kids and adults. Learn to say no.
6) Learn To Say Yes. Learn to say yes. Yes to playing on the floor with your children, reading that book with your child AGAIN, and playing make believe. Learn to say yes to the fun, playful things they ask you to do with them.
7) Ditch Perfection. Realize once and for all that perfection is a fairy tale. There’s no such thing.
8) Have fun. Learn to have fun! Laugh and giggle and play and run and jump and be silly with your children. Your kids are looking for a mom who can smile and laugh and not take life too seriously.
9) Remember Your Purpose. Remember that your job as a mom can never be replaced. God gave you your children for a reason, and He gave your children you for a reason. Embrace your God-given role!
10) You Need A Break. To be a good mom, you need a break from your children! Don’t feel guilty for needing a little “you time” once in awhile.
Some Wonderful Resources For Moms:
God Thinks You’re Wonderful, Mom
The Frazzled Factor. Relief For Working Moms. 7 Simple Steps From Guilt To Grace.
De-Fuse. A Mom’s Survival Guide. For More Love, Less Anger
The Love Of A Godly Mother
1001 Ways It Means To Be A Mom
Desperate: Hope For The Mom Who Needs To Breathe
Traci is a curly-headed dreamer who loves her Savior, adores her best friend called Hubby, and her three children! She never knew how much she would love being at home full time with her kids, but she does (most days)! What a privilege and high calling! She loves to blog, take pictures, cook, decorate cakes, and make her home cozy and inviting! She also enjoys teaching women God’s Word through Bible studies at church and online devotions. It is her desire to glorify God through encouraging and edifying other women. It is her heart’s cry to motivate women to abide in Christ, respect their spouse, and raise their little ones to know the love of Jesus. God’s grace captivates her in such a way that she wants her life to make a difference for His glory.