Have you ever prayed Bible verses over your daughter? Praying Scripture is a practice near and dear to my heart. I never have to wonder if I am praying for God’s will because I am praying His own words. Beautiful!
When it comes to praying for our daughters, we need all the direction we can get! Navigating the path from childhood to adulthood is treacherous; finding their way in this ever-changing world is scary. We MUST pray for them daily. It is the best parenting move you can make.
Praying Scripture means letting go of our own desires and leaning only on what God says in His Word. You don’t have to guess at what He wants to give your girls, but you do have to release your ideas, which isn’t easy. Sometimes it means praying scary things, like perseverance or what seems like a loss. It takes practice and dedication, but it’s SUCH a great thing to do.
There are many verses in the Bible we can pray for, but these 5 are some that our daughters need most.
- Pray that they will love the Lord with all their heart and mind. (Matthew 22:37-38)Young people have a tendency to love themselves above all else. They lose sight of God when they face the trials of school, friendships, chores, etc. You are right to ask God that they would love Him with all of their heart. He clearly wants that over their self-focused desires.
- Ask that their thoughts would be pure. (Philippians 4:8)Man, this is tough for all of us! But when you’re dealing with hormones and boys and feelings you’ve never felt before, it can seem impossible. But God says it is possible! He tells us what to focus on and we need to pray that our girls find the strength to put their focus there. Be sure you’re setting the example for them….let them know it’s hard for you too!
- Pray that Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming to Him. (Matthew 19:13)Like the disciples tried to stop the little children from approaching Jesus, people today try to stop our children from responding to Him. This could be anyone, so be a prayer warrior for your girl! She needs the support from heaven.
- Pray that they will respond to His call. (2 Peter 3:9)Young ladies can think their life is rolling along so slowly. I know I felt that way! But God says He is not slow to fulfill His promises even though it seems like it. Ask Him to help your daughter be patient and ready for repentance when He calls.
- Ask for them to be stirred to give to the Lord generously. (Exodus 35:29)Kids like their stuff and their own agenda. God wants them to let go of what He has given them and be willing to give to His purposes. He makes it clear that we are to bring a freewill offering. This takes sacrifice and we need to pray for our daughters to embrace this as a blessing and not a loss.
This is just a sampling of Bible verses to pray over your daughter. You can pray all of God’s Word with joy and confidence, knowing that He will provide for all of these things.
Look for great books to support your prayers, like the ICB Princess Bible for the younger girls. It even has a coloring sticker book to encourage reading and learning God’s Word!
What verses do you pray over your girls?