“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Anne of Green Gables
It’s about to be my favorite time of year. FALL. There’s something about this season that I look forward to the most.
Maybe it’s the smell of bonfires in the air or the sound of leaves crunching beneath our feet. Whatever it is, it’s the best in my eyes.
There are so many things to do with your family during this season. The weather is usually cool and nature is at one of its prettiest times.
Here are some of our family favorite fall outings that I hope you’ll want to try with your family as well (a few of these are even on our Fall Bucket List!).
28 Fun Fall Family Activities
1. Go apple picking & make a homemade apple pie
2. Go watch a local high school football game and cheer for your home team
3. Go for a hike
4. Go for a hayride
5. Visit a local pumpkin patch
6. Collect leaves on a nature walk and make leaf prints
7. Go camping
8. Take a weekend family vacation & rent a cabin in the mountains to enjoy the colorful trees
9. Drink hot apple cider
10. Make a big batch of chili
11. Carve pumpkins
12. Host a pot-luck Thanksgiving dinner (So many people don’t have plans with family or friends – invite them over!)
13. Roast hotdogs over a bonfire
14. Visit a petting zoo
15. Take a turkey or Thanksgiving dinner to a family in need
16. Volunteer at a local shelter or soup kitchen
17. Have a Fall DIY day with lots of crafts, homemade goodies, and activities (There are TONS of ideas on Pinterest)
18. Make a Thankful Tree
19. Go to the state or county fair
20. Go to a Harvest Festival in your area
21. Find a good picnic area that has lots of colorful trees and take a picnic lunch
22. Rake the leaves into big piles then jump in them – as a family
23. Visit the local Farmer’s Market and buy Fall produce and jams
24. Visit a college campus and go to a college football game
25. Help an elderly person mow their grass or rake leaves
26. Lay in the hammock and read a good buck under a quilt
27. Build a real, wood burning fire in your fireplace
28. Make a Fall basket for a friend or someone who could use some cheer. In this basket include: jams, fall candles, a magazine, a small quilt, hot chocolate, a mug, etc.
As you can see, it doesn’t take much to enjoy this season, but the benefits will be a true blessing to your family!
What are your favorite fall family activities or outings?
Meghan Tucker: Wife and Mom. Travel Blogger, Photo Snapper, Homeschooler, & Organizer. My passions are orphan care & fair-trade. Lives in Nashville, TN